The health care we provide includes, but is by no means limited to:
- Infertility – Infertility is a common condition affecting approximately 15% of couples trying to conceive. An infertility work-up consists of evaluation of the ovarian function, tubal patency & tests to rule out any uterine abnormalities. A semen analysis will also be obtained. The results of these tests will be used to customize each patients appropriate treatment plan in a very supportive environment.
- Preconception Counseling – The value of preconception counseling is to identify any potential risks to the mother or fetus and provide the opportunity for appropriate interventions or changes.
- Adolescent Gynecology – Gynecology problems encountered can be unique to this age group. In addition, a young women’s first exam can be very emotional experience. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and supportive environment to discuss these issues.
- Colposcopy (Evaluates abnormal pap smears) – A Colposcope is an instrument that is used to evaluate the cervix under magnification when a woman has an abnormal pap smear. Appropriate treatment is determined by the results. Early detection and treatment is paramount in preventing cervical cancer.
- Gynecologic and Laparoscopic Surgery – With over 75 years of surgical experience, our surgeons perform abdominal hysterectomies, vaginal hysterectomies, minimally invasive laparoscopic, and robotic assisted hysterectomies depending on the individual’s unique circumstances.
- da Vinci (robotic) Gynecologic Surgery – The advantage of robotic assistance in laparoscopic surgery is surgeon looks through a scope with 3D / HD and magnification. The tiny, wristed instruments articulate greater than the human wrists. For women undergoing a daVinci hysterectomy the benefits are a shorter hospital stay, need for less narcotics, less blood loss, and shorter recovery time.
- Endometrial Ablation – An endometrial ablation is a simple procedure that can be performed in the office to decrease heavy menstrual flow. In some cases this is an alternative for women to a hysterectomy. For more information click here.
- Sterilizations – In addition to laparoscopic tubal ligations our physicians offer a surgery free option called Essure. Essure inserts are placed in the fallopian tubes through the vagina avoiding the need for incisions. Most women return to normal activities the next day. According to the Affordable Care Act, most health insurance companies are now required to provide birth control, including permanent birth control, to women at no cost. Therefore, Essure may be available to you without any co-pay, deductible, or out of pocket cost. To verify your insurance coverage, speak with our Billing Specialist.
- Menstrual Problems – Abnormal uterine bleeding includes bleeding or spotting between periods, bleeding after sex, bleeding after menopause, and bleeding heavier or longer than normal. Cycles longer than 35 days or shorter than 21 days is also considered abnormal. There are many causes of abnormal bleeding, most are not serious but abnormal bleeding should never be ignored.
- Menopause Management – Over 80% of women will experience menopausal symptoms. It is not necessary to seek treatment for menopausal symptoms unless they are disrupting your day activities or your sleep at night. For women with mild symptoms, simple lifestyle changes can be helpful. Women with moderate to severe symptoms may be candidates for short term, low dose hormone therapy. In women with contraindications to hormone therapy, or a desire to avoid hormone therapy, there are many non-hormonal options, including herbal remedies. Click Here for more information. Call today to set up an appointment to discuss what is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence – Urinary incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine and is a very common problem. It can have an impact on the quality of a person’s life. The type of incontinence a person has will determine which treatment is appropriate. It will depend upon the condition, physical therapy, medication, or surgery may be indicated.